WordPress security plugins for website protection.
It is essential to use a security tool on your WordPress site to have a successful business online. Why does one need a WordPress security plugin? Here are the best Security Plugins for Website Protection.
On average, websites are attacked 44 times a day. And any one of these attacks becomes successful then it could seriously hurt the business online. That is why WordPress site security is important. Security Plugins for Website Protection
Here are some of the negative things that can happen with a security breach include:-
- Your and your customer’s data can be stolen by the online criminals.
- They can explore your private data
from your business and customers.
- Website content can be deleted.
- Your site could distribute malware to visitors hurting your brand and SEO rankings.
- It can be a complicated and costly process to fix the hacked WordPress site.
All these reasons make it important to have a WordPress security plugin installed. Security Plugins for Website Protection
Here is a list of 7 best WordPress security plugins for website protection. These can help you to pick the best one for your website business.
- Sucuri ~ Security Plugins for Website Protection
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin. This is the all in one security platform which is popular for good reasons. Sucuri is a great free WordPress security plugin for websites. But the pro version is the must-have. Security Plugins for Website Protection
- There is no extra cost of cleaning up your WordPress site if it gets malware.
- By accessing your WordPress site, firewall protection helps you to block brute force and malicious attacks.
- Let’s conduct malware scanning.
- Effective security hardening.
- It keeps track of everything that happens on your site, including file changes, last logins, and failed login attempts.
- By blocking malicious traffic it can reduce server load time and improve your site’s performance.
- From their own CDN servers, the static content.
- It protects your website from SQL injections, XSS, and all known attacks.
Sucuri has a free version and the pro version which is $299/ year.
- iThemes security pro ~
iThemes security pro creators team has also built the popular BackupBuddy plugins and other great plugins and themes. If you use WordPress you might be familiar with the team. All their tools offer an easy to use interface for brute force security protection and more. Security Plugins for Website Protection
- They have Two-factor authentication for extra security.
- Powerful password enforcement.
- 404 detection and plugin scans.
- Scheduled WordPress backups.
- Looks out any suspicious IP that scans for vulnerability on your sites.
- They send you email alerts to notify you about recent file updates that may be malicious on your site.
- Ability to limit login attempts.
- They use sucuri’s site check malware scanner because there’s no website firewall or malware scanner.
iThemes security pro pricing starts at $80/year.
- Jetpack security ~
Jetpack is another popular all-in-one solution for the best WordPress protection plugins. They help you easily scan your website for security vulnerabilities and have over 5 million active installs.
- The moment it detects your WordPress site is down they inform you via email.
- Also protect from brute force login attacks, spam, and harmful malware.
- 1-click restore and site backups.
- It also includes website features and automated marketing tools.
- Automatic comments filter.
- They have organized event dashboard and site activity.
- It also provides secure authentication via WordPress accounts.
- Automatically updates your WordPress plugins.
The free version is less functional that’s why you need to upgrade to the premium version which starts at $9/month.
- Wordfence ~
Wordfence has some amazing features that protect your WordPress site and it is a free plugin.
- It can use as many sites as you need.
- It also monitors visits and hacks attempts including origin, their IP address, the time of day, and time spent on your site.
- Alerts you and tracks about breached password usage so you can create a new strong password immediately.
- Protection from brute force attacks with limiting failed login attempts is also provided.
- Instead of cloud-based, it runs on your server which slows your website. Security Plugins for Website Protection
Wordfence is free.
- BulletProof security ~
BulletProof Security doesn’t look cool but has some basic security features for free. Security Plugins for Website Protection
- Easy-to-use setup wizard.
- Malware scanning and firewalls.
- Database backups.
- Login protection.
- Notify you via email with security logs when the user gets locked out from failed login attempts.
- Idle session logouts.
BulletProof security is also free just like wordfence.
- All in one WP security and firewall ~
All in one WP security and firewall are easy and free to use to apply most WordPress best practices for security to your small business website. The tools in these are pretty much basics and not beginner-friendly as the more well-known solutions. Security Plugins for Website Protection
- Scanning for malicious patterns.
- IP filtering to block some people and geographical locations.
- After failed login attempts login lockdowns.
- You can view a list of locked out users to unlock individuals in just a few clicks.
- There is a password strength tool that allows you to generate appropriately strong passwords.
- User accounting monitoring.
- A website level firewall but lacks DNS- level firewall.
- You can manually blacklist suspicious IP addresses.
All in one WP security and firewall is free.
- Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator sets up Two-factor authentication for extra security which is a great idea to keep your website secure.
- Adds an extra layer of security to your login by Two-factor authentication.
- It has a simple interface which is easy to use
- You can pick Two-factor authentication of your own choice.
- You can do things like using it on custom login pages as it offers shortcodes.
It is also free.
Among all sucuri js the best WordPress security plugin. It comes with all the features to keep your website protected. The premium version is not free but it will eventually save you tons of potential cost and headache in event of a breach as you will have a secure website.